Monday, March 13, 2006

tired now.

We're in the house. We are still going over to the apartment and cleaning and packing stuff that we didn't get packed before the movers got there on Saturday. It took them 5 hours to load and unload everything.

Mischief is having a blast exploring and climbing all over boxes. Smokey is still a little leary of all the new noises. Spike is completely terrified and will only come out when Justin is present and will rub him and even then he'll hide if I make a loud noise like opening a box or moving a pan.

Dh and I are exhausted cause we of course couldn't just let the movers do all the work. We pitched in and helped to thinking that it would get done faster and save us $120 bucks which it probably did.

Our washer has died so I need to go replace it. The motor burnt up and I'm not savvy enough to replace the motor so this weekend we have to go buy a new washer.

I haven't picked up a needle since last Thursday and probably won't for the rest of this week cause I'm too busy unpacking and cleaning to actually cross stitch.

I've got a brace on my left wrist and I'm hoping that I haven't broken it again. It's been fractured twice. I don't remember hitting anything this time but it is entirely possible that the weight of the boxes and the constant use have caused a stress fracture. I put the brace on from the last time that I fractured it and I'm using it cause I just don't have time to go to the doctor right now. I will try to get it looked at this weekend if it's still hurting this bad by then.

My days this week pretty much consist of getting up at 6am. Out the door and into traffic by 7:30am. Work from 9am - 5pm. Drive to the apartment, clean, box, load. Drive home, unload, shower, try to eat something drop into bed around 11pm. Then it starts all over again. Even though I'm getting about 7 hours of sleep every night, I still feel like I haven't slept at all every morning. I guess the sounds of the new house are bugging me too. It doesn't help that we've seen evidence of mice so every time I hear a scratch, I expect a mouse to come out and it's usually the cats trying to get into a box.

Blogging will be a little sparse this week as the schedule that I showed above leaves no time for blogging. I have to turn in the keys to the apartment on Thursday though so this weekend should be much easier and I am definately taking the time to go to the shop and lunch and Nease's this weekend. I'll blog again when I can.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Yep, that sounds about right. I know it's hard, but it's almost over, as of Thursday. Well, the insane running around part. Do the unpacking slowly. No reason it has to all be done right now. Sorry to hear about your dishwasher. {{{hugs}}}

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home