Monday, February 13, 2006

so much for being a slug

The inspector found quite a bit wrong with the house including rotted siding all over the place. The roof is going to cost double what we were expecting cause there was damage to it even though it looked fine before he started poking it. There are electric and plumbing issues that are not up to code. I seriously doubt that the woman will want to fix all of this stuff or that it can be fixed before 3/2 when we were supposed to close so that means that we will probably be postponing the closing or letting the deal fall through. It's all a matter of how she responds to the list of repairs that we are requesting.

Saturday started off in good slug fashion. Then I got hungry so I decided to cook which of course led to having to do dishes. The dishwasher spewed water onto the kitchen floor because the door apparently didn't seal properly when I closed it. I cleaned up that mess and treated myself to homemade chocolate lava cake. Yum. LB (the stray cat) flat out attached Mischief with intent to do serious harm. I now have to find something to do with him soon cause I'm not sleeping with him in the bedroom and our 3 yahoos crying outside the bedroom cause they can't get in.

Sunday, we broke down and went out for a little shopping. I got to be completely embarrassed when one of my dad's drinking buddies came up to me and started a conversation while I was looking at lingere. *shudder* We also went out to lunch and got some books. I then spend the rest of the day doing laundry. Then I woke up this morning the LB biting and pulling my hair. *ouch* I really need to find something to do with him. I can't have him biting me for no reason and trying to pull my hair out at night.

Now I'm back at work in a very tense atmosphere.

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

I'm so sorry they're finding so much wrong with the house. Glad they're finding out now though so you can either try to talk her into fixing it or you can move on. I know how frustrating all of this is, but when you finally get a house, it'll be the right one. Just practice lots of deep breathing til then.

Didn't realize you'd taken LB into the house. Is Gimp still missing?

And no, the Hammond cat orphanage is closed. (joking! *G*)

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home