Thursday, February 09, 2006

I give up.

I don't know what I did, but I apparently did something really bad and I am now being punished for it.

We signed a contract on the house. I thought I would be happy. This has only caused me more problems that it's worth. The inspector we hired canceled on us twice in a row which forced us to find another inspector at the last minute. The woman in the house took offense to the fact that we had roofers coming out during the inspection times even though we had told her we were going to do it. I'm so frustrated with people not telling me everything that I'm about ready to tell them where to stuff the house and the loan.

I went to the dentist this morning to have 2 cavities filled. The dentist cut my lip open. When this happened, I naturally jerked cause it hurt and she got my gum with the stupid drill. My mouth got split open more than cut open I guess cause she tried to open my mouth and lips wider than they would go and my lip split open where the drill cord was resting against it and causing more pressure.

I've had enough. Work is almost intolerable. I'm to the point where I feel physically ill every morning when getting ready for work. If it weren't for the fact that I would lose my loan if I changed jobs right now, I would have already quit. I can't quit yet so I know I have to deal with this until after the closing and the loan is secured. I have started putting out feelers for a new job though cause I just can't do this. I know it's letting her win and I hate that but I can't spend 8 hours of every day miserable and stay healthy.

I'm going to hide all weekend. I'm going to be a slug. I'm going to sit on my couch and stitch and eat junk food that is aweful for me. I'm going to stay in my sweats and be comfortable. I'm not going to cook. I'm not going to clean. I'm not going to do anything that even resembles work. Hopefully after a weekend of doing these things I will feel able to start a new week of misery.

I know this is a negative post and I apoligize. I've been avoiding posting cause I knew it would be negative. Someone please tell me that my life will settle back down after we have closed and moved in!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sher said...

Oh my goodness! Ginny that sounds awful what happened at the dentist. I hope you feel better soon!! {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

11:39 AM  
Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

Oh Ginny!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}

As far as the house stuff, you're not being punished. I'm certain that Eris herself oversees that particular endeavor. Utter chaos. Been there. Done that. Have sworn never to move again just so I don't have to go through it again!

Your life WILL settle down once you close and move in.....well, at least this part of it, but it's a big part and very consuming, so for a while afterwards, everything else will seem like small potatoes.

And the dentist sounds like a real twit. Hope they at least gave you some awesome painkillers.

A slug weekend sounds like JUST the thing. Think I could actually use one of those myself! Rent chick flicks, eat nothing but crap, and reset my soul. Good idea.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Annette said...

Ginny - if you stay in the same type of work, changing jobs shouldn't hurt you with the lender should you have an opportunity before the closing. They usually rerun the numbers right at the closing date, but if you keep the lender informed and show no *drop* in income, I bet you'd be ok...

I would hate for you to be miserable any longer than necessary when an opportunity may drop in your lap!

((hugs))

12:59 PM  
Blogger Running Kiwi said...

(((hug))) I hope things start looking up for you soon.

Enjoy your slugging this weekend.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Elfinlady said...

((((Ginny))))

I agree with Valerie, your weekend plans sound great.

And if I were you, I'd be looking for a new dentist.

7:15 AM  
Blogger kirabug said...

Hey, congratulations on signing for the house even if it's a royal pain in the tail.... it does get better. *hugs*

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home