Wednesday, March 22, 2006

bad news

I'm gonna be out of contact for a little while. MIL called us at 6:00am this morning to tell us that FIL had died of a heart attack while he was out walking the dog this morning. DH is flying up to Philly tomorrow to help with the arrangements. I'll be flying up Friday after work to be with him and help. I'll be coming back to Atlanta Monday afternoon but I don't know when DH is coming back. If the funeral is this weekend, then he'll come back with me on Monday but if it isn't, he'll be staying till the funeral occurs.

Things around the house are in a bit of chaos as we try to find the money to make this flight since we just sunk all the money into the house but I think that we'll manage it. I'll have to find time to buy a black dress to wear to the funeral cause I don't own one. Dh is getting his suit dry cleaned. He's off work today too getting everything ready so he can fly out tomorrow. We're trying to get him on the 11:40 flight which puts him getting in to philly around 2pm. He's called his friend Michael to see if he can pick him up at the airport since MIL and BIL don't know how to drive. If Michael can't pick him up, DH is gonna take the train as close to MIL's house as possible and then take a cab or walk to the house.

I wish we were going up there for different reasons. I'm very glad that we went up in August and spent some time with the in-laws even though I complained about it then. I'm kinda in shock. I really thought my dad would be the first of our parents to go. FIL wasn't sick. He didn't have a history of heart problems. He was a little overweight and he did smoke but he wasn't in bad shape so this is very sudden and unexpected. I told DH that he was going to learn to like salads and start excercising more cause there was no way on earth I was gonna have him kill over on me in 25 years like that. I think I'll take my own advise and to the same as well. I need to get away from the fast food and soda anyway.

I'm kinda of rambling and I'm sorry guys. I'm still in shock and a little swamped trying to make arrangements to get from here to there and back again. I'll try to blog when I get back.

3 Comments:

Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

Oh, Ginny. I'm so sorry. :( Extend my condolences to DH. If there's anything I can do, please don't hesitate to let me know.

{{{hugs}}}

12:47 PM  
Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so very sorry. All our love to you and J and family. {{{hugs}}} Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Elfinlady said...

(((HUGS)))

If we can do anything, let us know. I understand your shock, we went through the same thing with the sudden death of my FIL this time last year.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home