Monday, October 03, 2005

Weekend Wonders

I had a wonderful time on Saturday at the gtg and was very bad by staying till after midnight. Becky's DH noticed that I had a flat tire and gracefully changed it for me so that I wouldn't have to. When Angela and I got back to my apartment, little black came out for some loving. As you know, I've been feeding two strays (little black & gimp) who are both pure black. Little black is very friendly and just wants to be loved on. Gimp is pretty skittish and runs at the slightest noise still. Little black and Gimp do NOT get along. Angela leaned down to pet little black and said "Oh there's another one". I cringed thinking that there was going to be a fight between gimp and little black but instead I got introduced to baby black who is apparently little black's girlfriend. She wasn't as friendly and ran around us in a circle doing her little meow while we petted little black. It was very cute. I have noticed that black cats tend to flock to our house though.

Sunday was a late start since I didn't get up till after 11am after being up till after 3am the night before. We got to the fair around 3:30pm and took in a couple of shows and played a few games and then headed into the display area to take one last look at what everyone had done. While we were looking around Valerie and Becky came in to get there stuff too. While looking, I noticed that Merry Christmyth was not where it was last week. We looked for a little while and couldn't find it so I stopped one of the ladies that was patroling and told her that my piece was missing. She helped us look and finally found it on a back table a little hidden. I asked why it had been moved and she told me she didn't know but it was probably because they were afraid that it would fall. While checking out after I had picked up my stuff and put it in the car Valerie found a list of the winners. It gave the category and the name of the winner. My name was circled by my Merry Christmyth second place win with a note that said "Jesus loves you". We started talking about and thinking about and realized that someone must have thought that I don't believe in Jesus so they thought they would leave me a message. After going home, the more I thought about it, the more that I thought they probably moved it out of the Christmas section cause of a complaint about "devil" things like dragons and mermaids and griffons were in the Christmas area. I've actually thought about doing a devil with a pitchfork in a santa hat for next year but I know I won't follow through with it. I am however sure that I can find another Christmas design with a dragon in it!

Hope everyone else had a good weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

I had that same thought myself today. I'm certain I have some patterns of dragons wearing Santa hats. I'll bring them to the October S&B at Nease's and see if you want to borrow one of 'em.

I don't see what the hubbub is. I personally think Santa takes more away from the religious meaning of Christmas than a dragon with a mouthful of mistletoe. Welcome to life in the Bible belt. :/

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'd probably laugh to myself and say "Hey, thanks for thinking of me!" ;) What's cuter than a cuddly little dragon at Christmas time?

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home