Tuesday, March 22, 2005

sleepy now

I stayed up too late last night. I guess I'm too excited about actually getting paid for my stitching.

I also woke up this morning with a bit of a head cold. This has made for a very sleepy day. I'm starting to wonder if the boss would notice if I nodded off at my desk.

I think I'll go to bed as soon as I get home tonight and forget about stitching tonight. Dh can wake me up for supper and I'll do dishes and then back to bed. It always amazes me how much sleep my body seems to need when I'm not feeling well.

On an aggravating note, I've had 2 different people today ask me when my baby was due. This frustrates me so much. I truly do not believe that I look that large. Granted, I weighed in at 209 yesterday but I'm also 5'11" so the weight goes okay. I'm back down into a size 16 that I wore in college and no one asked me back then when the baby was due! I actually understood why people asked me this when I first had the surgery because I had a habit of rubbing my incision cause it hurt and rubbing it helped but I stopped doing that when it stopped hurting so I have no idea why I'm getting that question now. I thought maybe it's cause I look a little green around the gills today due to the head cold and everyone seems to think that I should have kids on the way by now since I am after all *gasp* almost 30! After telling the first man that I wasn't pregnant, he responded with "I guess you don't want kids". This floored me. Yes, I want kids, I'm just not pregnant at this time nor am I planning to become pregnant right this moment!

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

{{hugs}} I don't know where they get it. You certainly don't look pregnant to me. I would NEVER suggest that to a woman unless she mentioned it first or she had that clear "delivering in 2 months or less" figure.

I'm surprised I don't get that more often considering all my weight is carried between my hips & knees.

Don't let the insensitive twits get ya down. {{Hugs}}

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home