Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Oh Happy Day!

I need to say a big thank you to Valerie. I called Norwood's because I was indeed charged for the pattern. She apologized profusely and is refunding me the money plus the shipping since she made a mistake so you won't owe me anything on that.

The really great thing is that because I called her, we got to talking about what I was working on and I ended up getting hired as a model stitcher too. For the pieces that I want to keep, I guy materials and she'll give me free framing in exchange for showing it for 6 months. For the pieces I don't want to keep, she'll give me the materials to make it and store credit for my time. My first model piece is going to be "Sewing Seeds" ironically enough. It all starting when she asked what she was working on and after she learned that I was working on Sewing Seeds, she commented that she couldn't get any of her current model stitchers to agree to stitch that piece and that she didn't have time either. I told her that I was actually planning to bring it with me on the 19th when I make another trip up there to get an estimate on framing and I'd happily let her show it until I was ready to make another trip up there. She then started explaining how she pays model stitchers.

It was an amazing conversation. Fifteen minutes into a complaint call and I'm back to being a happy customer and new employee.... Life is cool sometimes.

So, THANK YOU VALERIE!!! You just helped my stitching habit along! I can now use the model stitching money for new wonderful colorscape fabric and new wonderful silk flossies that I wouldn't have normally bought.

I really do need to spend more time stitching now! It's a good thing I do stitch as fast as I do! Oh Happy Day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

EXCELLENT ! ! ! You'll make a GREAT model stitcher. Not only is your work always fabulous, but you have the quickest needle of anyone I know!

Glad I could be the catalyst, even if unintentionally so. Woot! Woot!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Awesome! You're now like the 5th model stitcher I know. :)

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home