Monday, March 21, 2005

Flying So High!!

I'm so wonderfully happy right now!

We left the house on Saturday morning around 10am and picked up Jana around 11am to head to Norwood's Niche. We got there around noon to find the store locked and dark. We were a little worried but decided to go get something to eat and try back after lunch in case she was just delayed by opening the store. We had a wonderful lunch at Chili's and then headed back to the store to discover that she had been delayed by an emergency vet visit for one of her kitties but that the kitty would be fine.

I took all of my pieces that I had completed but not yet framed with me and she ended up keeping 3 of them for 6month stints as models (titania, sewing seeds, & not forgotten). It will be very neat to see my pieces on the wall next time I'm there. She also gave me a model to stitch that will be going back to her. I've already managed to get 11 hours of stitching into Griffin Kitten as of right now and I'm sure I'll get a few more hours in tonight since I'm having so much fun stitching it.

On the way back to Jana's we stopped at Hobby Lobby and I picked up some pink beads so I can make the requested fobs for Maria and Prinn. I also picked up a larger 11x17 qsnap since they were 30% off.

Sunday morning was full of stitching (hence the 11 hours done on Griffin Kitten). Sunday afternoon we went to Outback for supper with my parents. The food was good but we had a very bad waitress. After supper we were sitting around talking and Dad offered to make me a whole new stand out of oak so that it would be stronger so I'll be getting a new stitching stand at some point next month when he gets it done (WOOHOO).

This morning was the visit to check up on my liver. The doctor was very happy with how everything felt and said that I can return to having the occasional drink and to taking my tylenol arthritis (Thank you Lord!). He also said that he didn't see any problem with me having children in the future and that we could go for it right away if we wanted (DH later told me that he almost asked the doc to leave so we could "go for it"). He didn't do a CT scan there but he did set me one up for this Saturday so I won't have to miss work. I'm not looking forward to the barium milkshake that I have to drink or the IV stick again but it will be nice to have actual pictures of my liver showing that I'm okay. The doc also said that he didn't see any problem with me taking birth control as long as it didn't have estrogen in it. Overall today was a massive amount of good news!

I'm so happy that I'm having a hard time doing anything at work except sitting here smiling like an idiot!


Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

After everything you guys have been through over the last 6 months or so, its delightful to hear so many things have gone well over the last few days! :)


5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home