Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Unexpected Company

My life has been a constant stream of surprise, look what you can deal with now since 9/10/04 when I first felt the pain that led to my surgery. Keeping this in mind, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when my dad called yesterday morning to tell me one of my cousins had shown up on his doorstep with his 15 year old daughter. The cousin is going to be staying with mom and dad till he can find a job and save up enough to get his own place so he may be there a month or more. Dad's side of the family is very bad about just dropping in on you like that. It is the reason that none of them know my address.

Dad tried to confiscate my fouton loveseat that folds out to a twin bed but he has no room to put it in their apartment so mom overruled them on that one. To top it all off, this cousin smokes and has gotten dad smoking again after 12 days without a cigarette and mom says that if dad is going to smoke, then so is she so I guess her 12 day streak is going to be ruined too. I was so proud of them for quiting and now I guess they aren't going to make it after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elfinlady said...

See, I am a mean person. If somebody, family or not, showed up on my doorstep like that, no way would they be staying with me. My parents were a revolving door for deadbeat relatives, and it soured me on the whole idea. A couple of cousins even got my parents involved in some trouble over an expensive bull being shot and killed. So, no free hotel for relatives here! Hope your cousin gets back on his feet soon, and your parents get there house back to themselves!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home