Monday, October 25, 2004

Spike the wonder cat

This happened a few days ago but I wanted to share since something the little squeaker did tonight reminded me of it.

As some of you know, My mom's cat Gizmo stayed with us for a long time. Gizmo had the bad habit of dragging cloths out of the bedroom and depositing them all over the house. Mom told me that she did this so when we came home every evening to find cloths all over the house, we assumed she was the culprit. Well she's been gone almost a month now thanks to the wonderful Valerie, who gave her a new home that she loves, and I'm still find cloths (my sweatpants to be exact) in the hallway and living room. We didn't know which of the three amigos was doing it though. My first suspect was mischief cause she truly lives up to her name. I was laying in bed reading one night when I hear Spike cry. I called out to him and he only cried louder so I sat up in bed. And lo and behold right before my eyes is little Spike straddling my black sweatpants and holding on to them with his mouth while he tries to drag them into the hallway. He was crying because they kept getting stuck as he would step on them with one paw or another. I cried out "Spike stop that right now". He immediately unlocked the sweatpants from his mouth and looked at me with this "what did I do" expression. I told him that he was a bad kitty and to leave the sweatpants alone. He looked at me for a while longer, then down at the pants, then into the hallway and finally back to me. He then proceeded to slowly lower his head with his mouth open back to the pants. I called his name in slowly in warning. He stopped looked at me at the corner of his eye and let a whine almost as if he was say please or why not?. I told him no and he walked out of the room hanging his head down as he walked.

Spike now knows that he can't drag the cloths in front of me but I'm still coming home at night to find my cloths in the hall and living room.

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

*rofl* Well, Gizmo hasn't done anything like that yet.....maybe she was getting framed! *lol*

9:57 PM  
Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

ROTFL!! Oh, that is too funny. Thanks for the laugh! I needed that today.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home