Monday, November 08, 2004

The Couch has arrived

I started Saturday morning off with couch shopping. I needed to buy a couch and I wanted to see what was available in my price range and see how big it would be so that I could make room for it in my house. I found a couch that I fell in love with but it $2000 and I couldn't plop down that much cash! We continued looking at other stores and after about 4 hours of looking, I found the exact same couch at an outlet store for half the price! I was very excited but I had only saved 500 for the couch but to my surprise they have a 6 month no interest loan plan that we qualified for it!

The next problem that we ran into was that they only deliver through the week and we are unable to be home through the week. We then called my dad and he agreed to help us pick it up on Sunday since he has a truck.

We then went home to clean and completely rearrange our furniture to make room for the couch since it was a lot bigger than originally planned. We had originally thought to get a little 3 seat couch only. We ended up with a 3 piece section that included a 3seat sleeper sofa, a little wedge seat, and two recliners. It's a beautiful couch though. We finally finished around midnight on saturday and got up early on sunday to finish the clean up and trash take out.

On Sunday, we arrived at the furniture place at 1pm to pick it up and hand to wait in line to pick the stuff up. We finally left the furniture place at 3:30 and got home and got the couch in the house. We finished up around 5:30 that evening. I looked around the house and saw my nice clean living room and bedromm but dirty kitchen and bathroom so I took to scrubbing again in between loads of laundry. I finished up around 10:30 last night.

I'm very tired today but I have a sparkling clean house, room for the in-laws to sit, and enough seating to have a stitching gtg if I want to :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Elfinlady said...

Glad you found a couch!

BTW, thanks for sending me the Dragon Dreams freebie. I've been meaning to email you since I got it, but I keep forgetting.

Cris

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home