Tuesday, November 02, 2004

The Dreaded In-laws

Everyone say a prayer for me. It is now official that the in-laws are coming for Thanksgiving. They have been threatening to come see us since we got married back in Feb 2000 but we have avoided it up to this point. The non-refundable plane tickets have been bought and the hotel reservation made so I know for sure that they are going to make it this time.

I told my husband when they called about coming that thanksgiving was a bad time cause I wouldn't be able to cook a big meal and he didn't know how but they insisted on coming. After everything was settled and we had the flight numbers MIL asks "Is Ginny going to well enough for us to visit". Well gee, don't you think you should have asked that before you invited yourself and bought the plane tickets?

I now have to force myself to clean, rearrange the furniture, and buy a couch so there are enough places for 4 people to sit and I have to do it without lifting more than 15lbs according to the doc. The only good thing about having to do this is that now I will have enough places to sit so that I can have a GTG at my house for the GSFL so I'm trying to think positive.

DH says if we have to do all that to get ready for them to be here then there is no way he is going to cook while I give him instructinos so they can have a boston market thanksgiving dinner. He's a wonderful DH isn't he? FIL has requested one of my crummy apple pies so I guess I will break down and make one of these on the 24th since it isn't too hard. They are arriving on the 25th around 9am and leaving on the 27th around 9am so it's only two days and I'm sure that I can survive that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Eat out! We have done that for the last 8 years or so, and I can't say enough good things about it. Find a nice restaurant that is (well, open, and) serving something you like, make reservations if they accept them, and eat there. My grandfather made that decision years ago. He said he wanted us to spend time enjoying each other's company, not hours cooking, eat for an hour or so, then more hours cleaning up. He considered it a total waste of time. Hotels usually have nice buffet spreads. Seriously, check it out! If you want an apple pie at home for later, then do so, but otherwise.... {{{hugs}}} Wishing you best of luck! And do NOT overdo it on the cleaning and preparing, okay? They can just deal.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

How nice of them to inquire about your health *after* they made the reservations. I'll be sending good thoughts your way. Let me know if you need to be kidnapped. *EG*

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Affiliate Marketing has many different oppurutunities and this is just one, so I would hope that what you take from this article, you will expand upon, never depend on one method for succuess. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]mulberry outlet[/url It should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose down coat[/url] Uflnqpsea
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora charm[/url] Xqobffeat [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose coats[/url] pofsihgoi

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home