Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Life Detoured

Monday the 1st, I ended up in bed all day with what I thought was a migraine. Tuesday was spent in a similar fashion. Wednesday, I got up to go to work and almost passed out. I believe the only thing that stopped me from passing out was concentrating on the nausea that rolled through me. We called the OBG and she set an appointment for noon but told me to go to the hospital if anything else happened. Lo and Behold, a half hour later a nosebleed started and off to the ER we went. They rushed me right in and I ended up spending the rest of Wednesday and most of Thursday in the hospital with the diagnosis of dehydration. The good part of this was that they kept the baby on a monitor and his reading were all strong and he showed his persistent stubborness by constantly kicking the monitor to dislodge it as much as possible. Spent the rest of that week home in bed and the following Monday and Tuesday as well. Wednesday, I went in to the OBG again for the normal check up and she couldn't find a reason for the dizziness and nausea that were persisting so then I went to see my general practitioner and he found that the bones in my middle ear had gotten stuck together and he gave me some medicine to try and help with that.

I finally made it back to work this monday after two weeks off. Needless to say, work was not happy but I'm surviving. I spend a lot of time being tired though and my appetite is very sketchy. The doc is back to reprimanding me for the fact that I weigh the same now as I did the day she told me I was pregnant. I keep arguing that the kid still weighs less than a pound so me not gaining weight yet can't be that bad of a thing. She disagrees since I'm only a week and a half away from the 3rd trimester. I figure I'll gain weight when the little guy lets me eat and worse case scenerio, I'll end up weighing less that I did to start after I have the baby... That can't be a bad thing since I was a little overweight to start. I really don't feel 215lbs is a bad weight at this point. I had dropped down to 205 so she should be happy that I'm back to the 215!

I've been stitching away on Fish City. I have the buildings and fish done on half of it and I'm almost 1/2 way with the buildings on the second half so I'm making great progress. I've also been doing some peyote stitch beading and I've managed to finish a little dragon banner. If I ever get up the energy one evening to get the camera out, I have a lot of stuff that I need to take pictures of so that I can update my webshots album.

I also need to get off my bum this weekend and get the baby's room cleared out and buy the paint and wallpaper for in it so that I can actually paint and wallpaper one weekend.

*sigh* anyone got some energy they can give me?


Blogger kirabug said...

*hugs* yuck on the dizziness and the passing out! I'm glad the three of you are ok! It is time for you to put a little weight on with this kid though -- surely there's something he likes.... hoagies, ice cream, those great nachos you make, all of them combined... he's a baby, he'd probably like them all combined.

Oh wait, knowing the father, have you tried rice krispies yet?

5:21 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Sorry, babe, I'm fresh out. The three Gastons are all sniffly and snotty and running fevers. L will be going to the doctor tomorrow, as his also involves a cough (that is getting worse by the day) and he was tugging on his ear this morning.

I'm glad you all are okay though! I can't imagine how scary that was. And I am so afraid to ask how you get your inner ear bones stuck together. Is there any freak medical thing you haven't had? LOL

6:43 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

(((Ginny))) Wish I could send you some, I'd give you some of Sarah and Melissa's LOL maybe then I could keep up with them.
Please take care of yourself !!!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home