Thursday, September 06, 2007

The doctor wasn't kidding

At 18 weeks pregnant, I asked my doctor about the fact that I wasn't showing at all and up to that point had actually lost 15 pounds. The doctor said it wasn't unusual for larger built women to not show till the 5th or sixth month but she was upset about the continued weight loss. She also said that the baby was taking it's time in moving up off of my bladder (she didn't have to tell me that one cause the potty trips every 2 hours had already clued me in to that) and when the baby moved up, I would see a noticable difference. She really wasn't kidding. Friday---no belly. Saturday -- hello, where did you come from?

The girls did a great job of stuffing me full of food all weekend in Kansas too because I managed to gain 5lbs over the weekend which should make the doctor happy on the next visit on the 11th.

I'm 20 weeks now so I've made it halfway. WooHoo!! I developed high blood pressure the day I became pregnant apparently so they have me on some medication for that and they are watching me really closely for pre-eclampsia which would be very very bad. I've never had even a hint of high blood pressure before so they aren't extremely concerned but I do get to have ultrasounds every month so I get to see lots of the baby. My next one is on the 11th of this month.

Looking at the book I have, the baby's hearing should develop the week of the next get together so she'll get to hear all the girl talk that day.

Not much else going on in my life... oh wait.... there is good news... the evil foreign witch quit! She is no longer working with me! I'm so happy. Work is fun again! It came in at a good time too since she kept telling me that eating chocolate would kill my baby.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Hee-hee! I started showing around 5 months, didn't move on to out-and-out maternity until 6 months (right after my best friend's wedding). Just made due with "too big" clothes until then. And I'm glad they are watching you with your pressure. Oh the irony! Me, with chronic high blood pressure, had my best (i.e. lowest) pressures ever while I was pregnant (until the 8th month). And good ridance to the witch! That should help your blood pressure some, no? LOL

7:37 PM  
Blogger kirabug said...

Yay that the grouch is gone from work! Yay for baby belly! Yay that you're halfway there!

It's baby season at work with at least five new little ones in our division in the last two months. Babies are cool but there are a lot of zombies walking around at work right now ;)

8:34 PM  
Blogger Elfinlady said...

*hugs* I had high blood pressure during my second pregnancy.

Glad the evil person is out of your life now.

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home