Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The doctor goofed

At my third ultrasound, they told me it was a girl so I picked out girl names. I had my 4th ultrasound today and it went a little like this:

Tech: Oh... It's a boy.
Me: Are you sure?
Tech: Yep, see... here are the boy parts.
Me: Are you sure that's not the umbilical cord?
Tech: yep, the cord is up there.
Me: Oh. Are you sure there is only one baby in there since we thought it was a girl last time?
Tech: Yep, only 1 in there and it's definately a boy.
Me: Oh, okay. Back to the drawing board on names.

Then later in the process.
Tech: Will you stop moving. I just want to get a profile. No don't turn that way. Why won't you sit still for 2 seconds so I can take your picture.
Me: Guess he takes after my side... Photo phobic.

I got a great shot of his scull that looks cool. We also got to see him moving and rubbing/scratching his forehead. Reminded me so much of a move I do when I've become frustrated with someone who isn't listening to me. I feel really sorry for my husband is this little boy has my temperment. That's just asking for many visits to the principals office. :)


Response to comments: Lynne, I will be entering Fish City next year in the fair. I was trying to have it done for this year but it's taking much longer than I thought it would and I only made it halfway. I'm finally halfway on it now so all those white spaces where fish go are now filled in on that side and I'm back to working on a mostly white area again.

2 Comments:

Blogger kirabug said...

If I were you, I'd have a boy name and a girl name just in case ;) And good luck if he's got your temperment! Maybe he'll get your ability to go to bed early too :)

9:17 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Congratulations on your so to arrive son!!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home