Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I have savings... (shh... Don't tell God)

We went in last night and opened up a savings account. It's the first time that I've had an active savings account in all my 30 years. It feels good to know we have a little cushion when we haven't had in so long.

I am also officially out of credit card debt as of today! Yeah! Dance with me everyone. I still owe on the house and on one of the cars but the car is almost paid off too... 6 months to go. Student loans only have a couple of years to go now too. News like this lifts my spirits and makes me more optomistic about having children sometime in the near future.

My celebration for having done so well with my finances... I went to stitching bits and bobs and went a little nuts.... 5 patterns, 3 waterlilies, 3 crescent colors, 1 yard of fabric, and several finishing forms later.... my spending money went bye-bye. But now I have some things that I've been wanting since August and haven't purchased cause of money issues.

Bring on the challenge Val! I've got the castle backstitched now and I'm down to the dragon to stitch and backstitch and the heather to backstitch.... I'm on a roll.... woohoo!

On another note, I haven't been able to find all the Dinky Dye patterns that I bought at Nashville that our lovely Stacey Designed since the gtg at my house.... I may have accidentally given my patterns to Stacey along with her patterns... I need to check with her on that one.

Work is slow today. The people that can't see me typing in my blog are gone for a few hours so I get to blog today. When they come back, I'll have to look busy again. I sometimes feel like over half my day is looking busy while the rest is actually busy.

5 Comments:

Blogger kirabug said...

Yay for no debt! Must feel nice.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

It is SO on! I got in a good 4 hours of stitching last night and have started one of the panels on the bottom 3rd.

Hey Ginny......don't you really want to start Fish City? Much more interesting than all those boring golds. *EG*

Here fishy, fishy. Niiiiiiiiiice fishy, fishy!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Ginny said...

Val, you have corrupted me... not only am I severly tempted to start fish city. I ended up pulling the threads for it! ahh...

I did actually manage to put 3 needles of gold into the dragon tail though.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Congratulations on the savings!! And the credit card debt, wow. You go girl!!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Yeah Ginny, way to go on getting rid of the debt. It is such a wonderful feeling.

I told Val that I can't cheer for just one of you so I am going to cheer for both of you.

Go Ginny
Go Ginny
Go Go GO
Go Ginny

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home