Wednesday, August 02, 2006

WooHoo

I'm 20 queen stitches away from finishing my first model. Jo was so happy at how quickly I finished that she's sending me a second model that should get here Thursday or Friday. If nothing else, I have learned that it's a bit unnerving to be working on a pattern and stop to look at the pattern picture for reference only to remember that there is no picture and it's your piece that everyone is going to look at when they look at the pattern for reference. WOW! It's a little humbling too. It also makes me worry about making a mistake so I'm being extra extra careful which slowed down my stitching a bit so that the first model took 3 days instead of 2 but that's okay cause I know that I've stitched it as perfectly as I could.

Boss is back from Italy and should be coming in to the office either today or tomorrow so my rest time is over with now. :(

My dad called to let me know one of my uncles on his side passed away and they are having the funeral on Thursday. I felt kinda bad cause his death didn't mean anything to me. I hadn't seen or talked to the man since I was 12. I have vague memories of him and that's it. Does this make me a bad person?

3 Comments:

Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

No, it doesn't make you a bad person. Offer comfort and condolences to those who did know him more closely and are thereby more impacted by his passing.

**hugs**

1:38 PM  
Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Nope, it makes you human. {{{hugs}}}

4:59 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

What they said.:)

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home