Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Fair Report

The fair results are in. You can see all of the things that I entered into the fair here:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/554373846pTJUsu

I took 1st place in the Christmas Cross Stitch, 1st place in the Other Cross Stitch Category and 2nd place in the 19ct and up Cross Stitch Category. I also entered pieces in the Crochet Baby Afghan Category, the Woodworking category, and the 14ct and below Cross Stitch Category.

For those of you that haven't heard about the Fair Revenge yet.... here we go.
Last year I entered "Merry Christmyth" in the Christmas Cross stitch Category and it took 2nd place. When we went to pick up my piece at the end of the fair, we had a really hard time finding it. When we asked for help, we were told that it was moved to keep it safe. While looking at the winners list, we discovered that my piece name had been circled and "Jesus Loves You" had been written in beside it. It turns out that my piece was moved because someone found it offensive that I entered fantasy subjects in the Christmas Category. When I realized this, I was determined to make sure I would enter a fantasy piece this year. This produced the idea and finished work of Christmas Dreams which to my delight took 1st place this year. I'll have to start plotting and planning for next year now.... Dragon Dreams is working on a Santa's Dragon Design... and TW Designworks does have a gorgeous stocking as well. :)

The piece that I entered in the 19ct and up category was stitched in a round robin with grvlgal and will now go to live with Stacey Tippin (the designer) after it comes home from the fair. Stacey was thrilled that we had not only stitched the piece but that we were going to give it to her. She'll finally have one of her completed designs to put on her wall! Love you Stacey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home