Thursday, August 17, 2006

Job Hunting

I hate job hunting. I hate change at work. I like to go in and do my job that I know well. I like feeling like I've accomplished something at the end of the day.

Yesterday was the final straw that has forced me back into job hunting. After setting up several policies that amounted to over 10000 in premium, I got told that I didn't do anything. Not in those words exactly but that was the meaning behind the statement. I feel I put in quite a bit of work. I even do things on the weekend that I don't get paid for cause I'm salary. I'm often working more than just 9-5 and resented the sentiment that I don't earn what I make.

Time to look for a new job. A job with benefits like retirement plans, maternity leave, health insurance, sick days, and a chance to work my way up in the company. The looking has begun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

That stinks, babe. Best of luck with the search! I hope you find something great. {{{hugs}}}

11:00 AM  
Blogger kirabug said...

good luck! if there's anything we can do from up north here, give a yell.

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the hunt! Speaking from present experience, it can really suck.

I can't wait for the GTG on the 23d!

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home