Thursday, October 06, 2005

What are your favorite sports films? What sports films do you think are terrible? Do you tend to watch a lot of sports movies or very few, or do you avoid them completely? Which sports (if any) do you watch on television? Are those the same sports you enjoy as movies?

Hmm... I love sports movies much to Dh's horror. Favorites include Remember the Titans, The Rookie, Cool Runnings, League of Their Own, Miracle, Cutting Edge, Youngblood and The Replacements. I tend to enjoy any sport movie but must admit that Football is my favorite. I used to watch football all the time but haven't really since getting married cause DH doesn't like it. The sports movie that I hate the most is probably Friday Night Lights. I was born in Odessa which is where this film takes place. I went to this school though I was about 10 years behind the class that this movie is about. I knew some of these people. This movie made it seem like we were all backwoods hicks that thought only football was important and we needed to win even if it meant demeaning the kids and beating them and hurting them. I got so mad! It focused on the players that were having tough home lives in order to give more drama but it didn't say anything about the players that were okay at home and doing well in school. Sorry... that turned into a mini-rant there.

In other news, it's raining again. I was the first one in the office today and everyone else started trickling in around 9am. It's funny how hindsight is so different. It felt kind of nice to be all alone this morning. I started thinking how nice it would be to have the office to myself again until the phone started ringing off the hook :)

Not much going on. I'm off to search on the net and see if I can find a Muskateer costume for DH to wear for halloween and to the ren fair this year. Lots of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home