Tuesday, January 25, 2005

It's almost time!

I'm off to clean tonight to get the house ready for the GTG. I can't wait till Saturday. This is killing me. I'm so excited. I'm stitching like mad on Titania. I only have 1 color of skin, then hair, then beads and she's all done. I must work faster. I can't have nothing new to show at the GTG. Must work faster!

I just got lots of goodies in the mail too. I order my first ever Vicki Clayton silks and oh I'm so happy. I also ordered all of her hardanger and kloister ornament kits to try something new. I've been keeping tissues handy so I don't get drool on the lovely flossies and patterns.

Work is going okay. Things have picked up and I'm staying busy. This is mostly due to the fact that I'm still the only one in the office that completely understands our new operating system. I feel a little sad for the other two people at this point. They are getting upset that they aren't learning faster but they are in their 60's and this new program is internet based and they don't have a lot of internet experience. I truly have to thank my best friend from college, Anne, for introducing me to the internet in college and to my first chatroom (lighthouse). It opened up a lot of stuff for me and even got me interested in computer programming so I learned Pascal, DOS, and C++. I'm now learning bits of html thanks to this blog and to the TW bulletin board.

Dh is still renting movies like crazy. He's at Hollywood video as I write this renting two more. Telling him that he can get as many movies as he wants for $10 a month is a bad idea. I'm wondering how long it will take for movie burnout to set in for him. I'm the type of person that can watch something over and over again but DH isn't. I think I've made him sick of Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter so we haven't seen any of those since New Year's Day. I'm glad that he's enjoying all the movies though. We watched Mean Girls and Tuck Everlasting yesterday. I found both movies cute and enjoyed them both even if they were meant for a teenage audience. So what if I'm 10 year too old! :P

Hope everyone is doing well!

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

I can't wait either! Becky & Maria should be coming with me. We should be there near 2:00 (I have to sleep first *lol*).

5:48 PM  
Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Oh good grief! If you finish Titania before Saturday, I am going to feel so incredibly lame. I don't think I finished a *single* thing in all of 2004 (well, besides Luke :p), and here you are finishing a Mirbilia in a month?! Sheesh!!

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home