Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I have won the air conditioning war!

I have been fighting with my apartment complex on many issues for quite some time now. As of the first week of August, I had won on all issues but the air conditioner. When I left for Nashville, they told me that it would be fixed in a couple of days.

I got home on Sunday night to an apartment that was 90 degrees at 8pm. I called and left a very nasty voicemail with the answering service. The poor girl at the answering service probably thought that I was crazy. I started the conversation with "I know this isn't your fault and I know that all you can do is take a message so please take this message word for word... It has been 3 months since my air conditioner broke. Our lease says that air conditioners will be repaired within 48 hours. If my air isn't fixed by noon tomorrow, I will be calling a professional air conditioning service and having them come out to repair the air and you WILL pay the bill since your maintenace staff is unable to fix it themselves" I thanked the girl for helping me after she read back the message.

Monday morning, I called the office at 10:06am to make sure they got the message and were doing something about it. The manager said that there was no need to call a professional and they had someone in my apartment right now.

DH went home at lunch to find that they had just finished installing a brand new air conditioning unit so I now have a cool apartment again! Yeah!

In the future, I believe I will start with the threats of professional repair people.
I can't wait to get out of there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

Woohoo ! ! ! ! ! ! Glad you were finally able to whip them into doing what they were supposed to have done all along. And bless you for being nice to the answering service operator. (we poor souls take so much abuse *lol*)

Can't wait to see you guys get into your own place so you won't have to deal with these twits anymore.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

At least it's finally working! (right?) I'm so sorry it's been such a PITA for you.

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home