Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Learning new stuff

I ended up buying a bunch of hardanger ornament kits for the beginner when I was shopping for stuff for my secret stitcher. I finally sat down last night and started to work on them. I got all the Kloster blocks done on two of the ornaments and decided to leave the blanket stitches for today. I did realize that the blanket stitch isn't too hard and that I've actually done it before in embroidery but it was called something else. I have also realized that this stitch is not meant to be done in a place where you can and will be interupped frequently.

I'm all by myself this morning because the boss is at home babysitting two of his grandkids. Since I can't do the blanket stitch due to a phone call every 15 minutes, I've been reading the boards and doing my taxes. I'm a little sad to see some nastiness going on at the JPC board. I've very sad after looking at my taxes in depth and realizing that we owe over 300 to the federal government despite witholding single 0 all year! At least we will get some state back even if it isn't enough to cover the federal taxes.

DH is home sick. He was up half the night throwing up so I told him he had to stay home today. I think he would have tried to go in but I threatened him with harm if he did. I know he only had about 3 hours sleep. I know that he's already feeling better and that his stomach has settled somewhat but he needs rest too and if he went into work today, he'd just feel lousy tomorrow too. I'm also going to try to make it to the adoption center without him tonight. I think he needs to stay home but we'll see if he will actually agree to that one. I must admit that if felt really wierd to call his boss this morning and tell them that he wasn't coming in. I haven't had to do that before. In the 5 years that we've been married, he's never missed work due to his illness. He has missed work because I was sick or in the hospital but never because he was sick. He asked me this morning how I knew he was sick and I told him that I heard him every time he got up and got sick. He thought I had slept through all of it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Elfinlady said...

Hope your DH feels better soon!

I've been thinking about learning to do hardanger myself, but right now I have too much else going to even think about it.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

Sorry your DH isn't feeling well. Hope he gets better soon. Can't wait to see your hardanger progress! :D

4:42 PM  
Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! I was running a fever Sunday and Monday. Reached 101 before it broke. Hope your DH feels better soon. (And the blanket stitch is also commonly referred to as the buttonhole stitch. I *hate* it. That's why I never do hardanger.)

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home