Monday, November 28, 2005

I'm in shock

I've avoided blogging or talking to friends since wednesday due to some shocking news.

I'm being sued. For racial prejudice. Me. By my coworker. I'm in total shock and outrage mode. Even after almost a week, I'm still sitting here going HUH? ME? The coworker is actually filing the complaint against the whole office so we are all named. I'm not really allowed to say much about it due to the nature of the complaint but I'm floored. The specific examples that were named didn't have me actually doing things, they were more like so and so did this for me but wouldn't do it for her. I sit back and wonder how that makes me prejudiced. Am I supposed to say, Hey if you do this for me then you have to do it for her too even if I don't know that she's asked?

The most upsetting thing about this is that if she wins, I may lose not only my job but my career cause my license can be taken away. I know that I have not done anything. I have corrected her when I see that she's making a mistake but I've done that to the other people in the office too. If anything, I've been nicer to her than to any of the others cause I knew she was new and just learning everything.

I've let this cloud how I feel since I got the news on Wednesday the 23rd. I'm not sure how to let it go. Most of the time, when I get upset about something I let it go after just a few hours but this one really has me steamed. The more I think about it the more upset that I get.

Mood: shocked, irritated, upset

miles walked in middle earth: 16

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

Unbelievable! I can't believe a blanket lawsuit like that would hold up. I honestly think she's going to be wasting the time of the courts and every one of you that she is needlessly dragging into court. Don't let yourself lose too much sleep about it. And you know my number if you need to vent.

{{{{Hugs}}}}

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn Ginny! I'm sorry to hear that. I'm assuming that your office will hire a lawyer, at which point you can sit down and have a good chat about your side. Maybe she needs money...

We're here for you!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home