Friday, July 18, 2008

Okay. I'm going to try to follow Valerie's example and start blogging again.

I'll have to find stuff to talk about though.

Riley Is 6 months old now. He had his 6 month check up yesterday. He's 27" tall and weights 19lbs 2oz. The doc says he's in the 75th percentile. He's able to sit up assisted, transfer objects from hand do hand, follow people with his eyes, recognize mommy in a photo, babble at will and imitate ooh sounds. Doc says he's doing great and found it hysterical when Riley kept winking at the female nurses (taught to him by daddy of course).

I'm currenty reading From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris. I just recently started reading this series. It was recommended to me after one of my friends saw that I read Laurell Hamilton's Anita Blake series. The name of the series is the Southern Vampire series. It's about Sookie Stackhouse. Sookie is a waitress at a bar that can read people's thoughts. This book is about her life and her desire to find a special someone while she wades through the muddy waters of the supernatural community of vampires, shapeshifters and fairies. This series surprised me with the quick depth of the characters. Not many writers can make you care about new characters as quickly as Ms Harris has managed to do in this series for me. I find myself waiting for the new release to see what happened to the minor characters as much as to see what Sookie gets into next. For those of you that like a little bit of romance with your fantasy this series rocks.

I've been stitching on Santa's Dragon from Dragon Dreams but I haven't gotten very far on it. I find that reading is just more appealing right now. It's just so much easier to pick up a book and read a few pages in between taking care of Riley than it is to get out all of the stitching supplies.

3 Comments:

Blogger geeky Heather said...

Glad to hear from you, Ginny! That book sounds good...I'll have to try out the series (after I get through the pile of things I want to read already). Are you on goodreads??

3:21 PM  
Blogger Ginny said...

nope. I'm not on goodreads. not sure what that is but if you email it to me, I'll look into it. I read extremly fast so I'd be happy to find some new authors and books.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Elfinlady said...

(((Hugs))) I hope the doctor finds better options for you!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home